Friday 8 April 2016

Amsterdam - Canal boats, great food and even better company!

Peter and I got up early so we can beat the long line at the Anne Frank house.

Well, it opens at 9 am and we arrived at 9 am.  The lineup was around the corner and down the block and around another corner.  My estimate is well over 2 hours, maybe even 3 and since I am only in Amsterdam this one last day, I decided this was not that important.  I can come back and do it again someday.

Next time we will arrive at 8 am!


Peter and I know have to kill time until 1 pm when the girls arrive.  By girls, I mean Peter's two girls and their mom.

Marije you met in my last post, and her older sister Marielle who you have not yet met.  Marielle is pretty cool girl just like her younger sister.  She is taller than me, and loves shoes.  I don't mean a little love, I mean, her room is filled with them. lol.  But who is counting (30+) shoes, right?
I don't know why, but this is the only picture I have of her.  She is beside me.


Karin their mom is a lot like the older sister Marielle.  She dresses very nice and always looks her best.  Unlike me, who gets up and says, yeah, this will do!  Oh wait, pants.  Now we are good.
Karin and I relaxing on a Canal ride.


Anyways, while Peter and I are wasting time, he introduced me to Amsterdam's best Apple pie, and yes, it was just that good.


Then we walked for a while to burn off the 1,000,000,000 calories we just consumed.  We checked out some cool cheese shops, and one of the daily markets, where you could get some yummy dutch food and items.


It's now 1 pm and the girls arrive. We have a quick drink and head to the canal for our Canal Boat Ride.  This I am excited for,

I can't even explain all of the cool things we saw on the ride, but below are some pictures I took.  The guide explained why the houses are slanted, and where people live and all kinds of cool facts.


After the boat ride, we spent a little more time walking about Amsterdam and then off for an amazing dinner at De Burgemeester.  Again Peter treated us all.  Someday I need to pay this guy back for spoiling me so much.

This was the end of another special day in Amsterdam with the best company I could ever ask for.


No comments:

Post a Comment