Monday 11 April 2016

Alphen - Last full day in the Netherland's

On the last day, I wanted to pay Peter back for all his hospitality, by taking him out for lunch.  I know this doesn't really equal all the things he has done for me, but at least it is a start.

Peter suggest we go to a lake not far away, where they do water sports.  I guess they have cable tows, that pull water skiers across the water.  Sounds pretty cool.

On the way to the lake, Peter says, "We should rent a boat for an hour or so and go through the canals."  This is a great idea.  A few minutes later we are at the boat rental place.

The canal boat is electric with a steering arm at the back.  Pretty simple.


Peter calls me "Captain!" and I know this means.  You are driving!  The first 3 minutes goes smooth and I hit nothing.  Already a Pro at Canal Boats. LOL.


The Canal ride takes a little longer than expected because of the down wind and lack of power in the electric boat, however, it is an amazing day.  One of the cool things is some of the bridges are just not high enough, so we have to jump off the boat and wench up and down the bridge, by hand.


I can't thank Peter enough for this adventure, as it is one of the best parts of my week stay here. I really loved it.

We are now starving and head over to the lake for lunch.  Unfortunately, it is still too cool for water skiers, but the view is amazing.  Food was pretty damn good as well.

Later that evening Karin, and Marielle stop by for a last goodbye.  It was really nice seeing them again, and I can't wait to see them again.

Well tomorrow I am off to Toronto, then onto home.  Goodbye Family and Holland!  I can't wait to come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment