Sunday 24 January 2016

Hahei Team - Goodbye

When I left Canada, and started this big adventure I never imagined I would spend 3 weeks sharing a house with 4 hot young girls.  Well,  maybe in Thailand, but not here.

I also never thought I would be cleaning washrooms, for 3 hours a day either.

Well, the 21 days is up and I am now a boot to leaving the house.  Just as I am leaving, I look down at the kitchen table and see a sweet goodbye note from the girls.


I will truly miss these girls!

On my walk down to the bus stop, a few things ran through my mind. 1, was.  Age doesn't really matter when it comes to making friends.  If the last 3 weeks has tough me anything, it is this.  Julia showed me an 18 year old girl can be great friends with a 36? year old guy.  It really only comes down too one thing.   If you are both good people, you will get along just fine and that is all that matters.

Another thing I learned, was patients.  If you want to get along in a group, you must be patient with each other.  This is not something I am well known for.  I rarely have patients when waiting.  I get very frustrated very easy and often voice my opinion.  This time has shown me, I am better than I was, but I have a long way to go.  I know the only way for me to get better, is to put myself in these situations more frequently and keep learning from them.  Wish me luck, and also the people who will be forced into these experiments with me luck. :)

One thing I have known but never lived by, is that the job a person has doesn't define them.  A persons actions, should be the only thing that defines who they are.  In the past I often judged a person on what their job was.  Which is really sad of me and I am starting to change.  Glen definitely helped in proving this.

My final thoughts are this.  I wish all the girls and Glen the best of luck, and too keep doing what they are doing, because I believe they are all on the right track to becoming truly successful in life.

Take care and I hope to see all of you again the future!



Still one of my favorite quotes and by a Canadian!
”I can tell you from experience the effect you have on others is the most valuable currency there is.” - Jim Carrey


No comments:

Post a Comment